Saturday, April 11, 2015

Dodgers Drop the First of Three in Arizona


Before I get to the game I would just like to mention that today I went to a book signing, for Tommy Lasorda's book "My Way," and Tommy is probably one of the nicest, kind hearted person I have met. Like any Dodger fan would, I tried to get a ball signed by him as I he and the author of the book, Colin Gunderson, were signing my copy of the book. Tommy was about to grab the ball when Mr. Gunderson, in a very annoyed manor, exclaimed it was books only. Tommy then turned to me and told me if I waited for all the books to be signed he would then sign my ball. So I stuck around and even after all the books were signed Mr. Guderson still insisted on no memorabilia to be signed. Tommy turned to him, whispered something in his ear, and then proceeded to sign for fans. I turned to be polite and say thank you to Mr. Gunderson and he just shook his head in disgust. Needles to say I am very grateful to Tommy for the autographs, but I will not be reading the book and will soon go on eBay. 

Now to the game. Brett Anderson looked good. Apart from the 1 mistake he made to Goldschmidt, giving up a 3 run HR, he was solid. Puig is struggling, he will be benched for Ethier tonight. Gonzalez was pitched to cautiously, he only picked up a single and a couple walks. Grandal picked up his first hit, a solo HR in this game. The bullpen, apart from JP Howell who is still struggling, did well. Dodgers lost 4-3 in the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment